I’m a thinker, I think a lot, I might be an over thinker…see what I mean?!
In all fairness I don’t mind admitting it. I don’t even know what sets this entire process off sometimes. Is it because I have an over active imagination or maybe I watch too many crime dramas that I think I would be an essential requirement for the FBI? It’s not just that, hurtful or upsetting comments can also send my thoughts spiralling out of control…not good. I guess what I am saying here is that whatever the reason, the only outcome of over thinking is worry, upset and sometimes anger. And your thoughts actually then control your feelings. Did you know that?
Life really is too short to have that sick, gut wrenching feeling. To feel disappointed, hurt and worried. What does that actually change? Nothing. But what it does do is waste your precious time and energy. And for someone who is dead set on maximising every area of their life, this is a massive issue for me. What is key to remember is that you can control these thoughts. It isn’t easy, but you can.
If you allow your thoughts to consume you, the following things can happen:
- You suffer from emotional distress, this leads to anxiety and depression which then in turn impacts your nearest and dearest.
- Negativity is constantly surrounding you, you become sad and can’t see the silver lining.
- I have heard so many stories of people undertaking silly things to numb the pain which whilst may help for a short while, leaves you feeling disappointed and even potentially disgusted in yourself. It just isn’t worth it.
- Your sleep pattern can be affected, this means unproductive days and potential grumpiness.
- It holds you back from the life you truly want to live, this is when regrets take shape.
- The more you think about things the bigger and scarier they seem!
They are just 6 things I can think of right now. I am sure I could add heaps more to the list but I stopped because it was giving me a heavy heart. But just looking at those 6, I know that’s not a great life, it’s not one that you want to live right? Life should be phenomenal and it will be if you allow it.
It’s important to smile, be happy. This photo reminds me of a really happy moment. Can you think of a moment when you were super happy? One that makes you smile when you think of it? Like most people I have been through many ups and downs and most recently felt like mega crap, it’s not the way I want to feel. I want to help inspire anyone else who might be in that horrible place, to help stop your thoughts from consuming you and making you feel worse. There are things you can do to reject negativity and help pick yourself up when you are feeling down.
My Top 10 Tips:
- Write down 5 minor goals for the week and tick them off each time you achieve them.
- At the end of each day note down something you feel proud of that very day.
- Do something for yourself, be kind to you.
- Dress smartly, it gives you confidence.
- Don’t be afraid to accept help from other people. I would have been lost the last couple of days if it hadn’t been for some awesome friends listening and helping.
- Accept there are some things you just can’t control.
- Practice mindfulness – breathe and be in the present moment, sometimes you just need a real quick fix to help calm you. Trust me it works.
- Remember that when you focus on things you don’t want, you will get more of those things. The same applies to the things you do want! It’s called the Law of Attraction.
- Help other people, it’s a real mood booster.
- One thing I do, when that nasty negativity tries seeping in to my head…I tell it to f*** off and I do so out loud!
What you think, you become
What you feel, you attract
What you imagine, you create
Sometimes we all just need a little help and I hope you find this useful if you are feeling a little bit pants.
Big hugs, N x
So hey you, yes you..I want to thank you for reading my post. Whether you’ve stuck around since the beginning of my journey or whether you’re new to my blog, thank you for reading and supporting. I genuinely appreciate it.