Christmas is coming!
Only joking! Well kinda, can you believe we are half way through the year?! Yeah man, 6 months until the white-bearded man in the red suit comes to deliver our presents. Time really does fly which is why it’s even more important that we enjoy every second of our lives.
What a month May has been. I thought I would share a lowdown of the last four weeks and my forthcoming plans for June.
Advancement, accomplishment, maturation. All three nouns sum up one of my main focuses for this month. My blog.
Creating, designing and maintaining a blog involves commitment, dedication and unless you have heaps of cash to pay someone to do it all for you, it requires an abundance of self-learning.
I am a bit geeky like that. I relish in figuring out how to play with the coding and widgets to design my website the way I want. There is tremendous satisfaction of seeing the end result and knowing it is all done by me.
I have invested a lot of time this month in tweaking the design of my blog, the legalities, branding and of course, the lifestyle content. Being a researcher, an absorber, engrossed in news articles means I am never short of something to talk about, I am yet to suffer from the attack of the blinking cursor. I am sure it will happen at some point but I’m hoping the hard work I have put in scheduling and planning will keep that at bay, at least for a while anyway.
Setting and sticking to my regular posting days of Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday, mixing content from my foodie escapades to maximising life, have given me structure. Google Analytics is key in understanding the days, times and on what medium i.e. desktop, tablet or mobile, readers spend time on my blog. If you’d like to make sure you don’t miss a new post, you can subscribe by email in the sidebar to the right or follow me on Bloglovin here.
I have also been more active in the blogopshere, generally becoming more involved with other bloggers and their content. It has massively helped me to grow my blogging community and as my dear friend and mentor Andrea has taught me, it’s all about a giving economy.
Two awesome things have happened as a result of this:
- I have been nominated for a Leibster Award, stay tuned on my responses!
- I have been gifted with a drawing…of myself! Please meet Khristie, she is a talented artist who transformed a picture I posted on Instagram this week into a unique, exclusive portrait.
The last four weeks have involved devotion, deliberation and absolute diligence but it was worth every second!
So we are now officially in June, how the hell do I top May?
I am so resolute on enjoying every day of my life that I am confident it’s going to be another awesome month.
Things I have coming up so far (as I am continually seeking new events!) include:
- Attending my first TedX London, a talk on confidence. I am hugely excited about this as I am happy to admit I am a TED Talk addict. So much advice can be gleaned from watching just one of these talks and one of my favourites (which I am sure will be of no surprise to anyone), is The 3 A’s of Awesome by Neil Pasricha.
- I am also going on vacation, can you guess where from this post’s title? Je vais en France! A few days away at the heart of the chateaux of the Loire with the girls is going to be just divine.
- And of course as you know I suffer from foodporn, therefore it would be a crime if I didn’t throw myself into the Evening Standard’s first London Food Month event featuring a 12 day Night Market with heaps of food stalls, bars and entertainment. There are still plenty of tickets available, I hope to see some of you there!
Stay tuned to hear more about these events!
I hope you all had an awesome May, what do you have planned for June? I would love to hear your plans.
So hey you, yes you..I want to thank you for reading my post. Whether you’ve stuck around since the beginning of my journey or whether you’re new to my blog, thank you for reading and supporting. I genuinely appreciate it.