You are only going to be as good as the people you surround yourself with and you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
This got me thinking and asking myself a few questions:
Who do I spend the most time with?
What do we talk about?
Do we lift each other up?
Do we motivate and empower or deplete and drain each other?
The answers to these helped me understand and determine whether my closest circle have a positive or negative influence on my life. You see, life really is too short to surround ourselves with people who bring us down and who don’t or can’t enhance our lives.
What is a good person?
Good question. I am not talking someone wearing a white robe and a halo. I’m talking about individuals who enrich our lives in any way shape or form. They don’t even have to be like-minded but they spark a desire for us to be better people, who give us enough fire in our belly and encouragement to achieve our goals whilst being there at the finishing line to celebrate our successes.
Make a conscious effort to surround yourself with positive, nourishing and uplifting people who believe in you, encourage you to go after your dreams and applaud your victories
Negativity, no matter how hard you try can really seep in to your skin if you are constantly surrounded by it. It’s like it’s some contagious disease and it can be difficult to shake off once it’s gotten hold of you. We see enough of it in the daily news which we can’t control, but what we can control is who we allow in to our space.
The Benefits Of Spending Time With Good People:
- The way we treat others reflects the way we want to be treated. Surely we want to be kind and loving to ourselves right?
- The right people will encourage us to be the best version of ourselves, those who when we go to a job interview will tell us how awesome we are and that we will smash it, those who will support our dreams and goals.
- Every day experiences can become the most rewarding and exciting, they enjoy the present moment with us.
- The advice they give is with love, there is no hidden agenda.
- They reflect the kind of person we want to be, they make us smile.
- Life really is too short to spend with people who bring us down and remember that people who are unkind or bitter is more often than not, a sign of their own inadequacies, not ours.
Who in your life is encouraging you and helping you to live an awesome life?
So hey you, yes you..I want to thank you for reading my post. Whether you’ve stuck around since the beginning of my journey or whether you’re new to my blog, thank you for reading and supporting. I genuinely appreciate it.