Goodbye February, hello March!
Spring was supposed to have officially arrived. I say this with a hint of sarcasm because most of the UK is submerged in that white powdery stuff called snow.
Blooming daffodils, tulips and daisies are being suffocated, hurry up and melt will you. And take your Baltic temperatures whilst you’re at it!
You see I need spring, I detest cold weather. I suppose that’s why living in Singapore made me feel much happier, constant heat combined with minimal asthma problems plus an abundance of Vitamin D. So I am welcoming spring with open arms in the hope that the weather vastly improves. So whilst it’s still blizzard conditions, I propose to focus on the new season, after all, they do say what you focus on you attract.
So here are my top seven reasons why we should love spring when it eventually arrives:
1. It’s officially acceptable to eat as much chocolate as we like. The shops are full of Easter Eggs, my favourite is white chocolate, hint-hint loved ones!
2. The days feel longer with lighter mornings and evenings. These dark mornings have depressed me.
3. You can hear lambs playing out in the fields, this always makes me smile. I wish they could stay babies forever.
4. Flowers are in bloom, daisies, tulips, daffodils brighten up any scenery. The grey miserable weather is transformed by buds on trees and a scattering of colour on the ground.
5. A new seasonal wardrobe. Time to put the Uggs away and replace dark wearables with pastel and block colours, this season’s favourites.
6. The birds come out of hibernation and brighten our day with their tunes.
7. Freshly cut grass hits our senses, nothing beats that clean invigorating scent.
Spring improves our mood in many different ways and this list is most definitely not exhaustive. Here’s to a much brighter forward-looking summer feeling. Snow be gone with you!
What do you love about spring?
So hey you, yes you…I want to thank you for reading my post. Whether you’ve stuck around since the beginning of my journey or whether you’re new to my blog, thank you for reading and supporting. I genuinely appreciate it.